Leopard geckos (Leos) are popular pets and for a good reason. They are easily produced in captivity and come in an incredible variety of colors and designs that are constantly evolving. But are Leopard Geckos at Petco? Can you buy them from there?
Yes, you can buy Leopard Geckos (Leos) from any nearby Petco store. When you’re ready to take the plunge into the world of live geckos, head on over to the Petco near you and pick up a leopard gecko as a pet. Petco also offers all the Leopard Gecko-related accessories.
Usually, Petco leopard geckos are from pristine breeders that have been carefully selected and bred for docility in addition to size and coloration. Let’s talk about what to look for in Leopard Gecko while buying them from Petco Leo.
What to look for in Leo while buying?
Take note of the following characteristics while shopping for a healthy leopard gecko:
- The Leo should not be very slender generally, and there should be no protruding bones visible anywhere on the body.
- In a healthy leopard gecko, there should not be any toes that are missing. This might indicate that the leopard gecko’s environment is congested, and there is a food shortage. It’s also possible that the breeder or seller didn’t properly address the issue of the dog’s troublesome shedding, which led to the problem.
- A leopard gecko’s mouth should not be wide open or appear swollen. Its backbone and tail should also be straight and free of bumps.
- In some cases, this may be an indication of metabolic bone disease as well as substandard treatment.
- Leo’s tail must be round and broad. A shrunken tail might be an indication of very poor eating or an illness caused by a parasite. The leopard gecko’s tail is where it stores fat as well as other nutrients.
- Examine the vent and abdomen of the leopard gecko. The abdomen should be clean and full, and the vent should not be unclean or coated in feces smearing.
- They are most active in the evening and throughout the night; therefore, there is a good probability that a Leo will be dozing off when you arrive to purchase one because of this. However, if your Leo is awake and moving around, you should consider it to be attentive and active.
- If you can see the leopard gecko’s cage and the excrement that it produces, you should verify its consistency of it. The poop of a healthy leopard gecko should not be watery or slimy, nor should it be a light color. They should be black in color, soft, and in the form of little pellets. Normal stools may also contain some white residue, known as urates.
Some other Leopard Geckos suppliers other than Petco
· The Urban Reptile
The Urban Reptile have a selection of high-quality Leopard Geckos available in several different morphs. Pet owners enjoy how informative their ads are, including information such as sex, age, and chronology in an easy-to-find format. You are possible to make direct purchases through the website; but, in common with many other sites of a similar nature, a significant number of the reptiles that have been sold are still posted on the website, making it more difficult to search through and locate the ones that are still offered.
You may discover some crazy morphs on the Urban Reptile, such as an Electric Tangerine and Tangerine Tornado. The costs are fair, and certain morphs may even be purchased at lower prices than some other breeders.
· BHB Reptiles
The process of bringing a new Leopard Gecko into your life is made simple and economical by BHB Reptiles. They provide a wide variety of pets on a website that is, in comparison to the other breeders on this page, among the most straightforward to access. We believe they are the greatest Leo breeder for the money since they have several morphs priced much more inexpensively than their competitors. This is the primary reason why we think they are the best.
You are able to acquire Leos from BHB Reptiles on their website according to the year in which they were born. Due to the fact that new geckos are always being added, there are a wide variety of morphs available in a range of ages and sizes.
· CB Reptile
CB Reptile is another platform selection for the finest overall Leo breeder since they focus on breeding extremely rare leopard gecko variants. They also have an on-site biologist who can answer any questions you may have regarding the genetics of their geckos and other animals. Geckos are guaranteed to be in excellent health for a period of seven days after delivery, and this assurance is supported by the fact that they are transported overnight.
The CB Reptile website offers a diverse selection of leopard geckos available for purchase. You won’t have any trouble purchasing them if you do it through the website. Their user-friendly ordering system enables you to select the sex that best suits your needs and even add on other necessities like feeder bugs, heating pads, plates, and more. Unfortunately, it might be tough to identify what reptiles are in stock since you have to put all of your alternatives to find out whether or not a certain gecko is available.
· Quality Geckos
Although Quality Geckos sells some respectable geckos, their website is one of the most difficult to navigate of all the breeders whose operations we have examined for the purpose of writing these assessments. There are many pages that lead nowhere. The reptiles on those sites may have simply been sold out, but there’s no way to tell for sure until you’re sent to an empty page with no message. In point of fact, it seems as though more pages are blank than they are offering geckos for purchase.
Many of the geckos we were actually able to discover on the site were priced reasonably, which was especially surprising given the vivid colorations and patterns they had. The fact that these reptiles come with a 1-month warranty assures that your investment won’t turn up dead before its time. You will, however, need to have your camera ready when you open the package; if you forget this step, your reptile will not be replaced. If you neglect this step, your lizard will not be replaced.
· Gecko Daddy
When you go to Gecko Daddy’s website, the first thing that will stand out to you is how well organized and simple it is to go about. You’ll discover a good assortment of Leo morphs on the website, many of which are sold at prices that are within your price range. On the other hand, you won’t find as large of a selection on their website as you will on the websites of some other breeders. Also, as you’re browsing through the photographs of individual reptiles for sale, the fact that so many of them indicate “sold out” might be a source of irritation and frustration. If the auctioned lizards could just be deleted from the listings, the overall experience would be much more wonderful.
· GeckoBoa Reptiles
GeckoBoa Reptiles is a website that sells many unusual variants of the Leopard Gecko; however, many of their geckos are now unavailable for purchase. Because of the breeder’s stellar reputation, they frequently go out of stock very rapidly. You can tell that GeckoBoa takes the breeding of its geckos very seriously since, in 2013, they were nominated for the best Gecko breeder of the year.
If you get some quality morphs from GeckoBoa Reptiles while they are in stock, you may acquire them for at least $250. On the other hand, the prices for many of their morphs are greater than the ones offered by other breeders in the market.